Next다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print Files
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print Files

patagonia-mountain-biking-01.jpg

Today’s post brings us to our first mountain bike adventure in Chilean Patagonia. The grasslands of southern South America are mostly owned by ranching families, and the land is referred to as estancia. This is ranching land, and there is an abundance of sheep and guanacos, as well as the pumas that hunt them. So the singletrack created by the locals is schizophrenic at best.

patagonia-mountain-biking-03.jpg

I have never been anywhere with so many skeletons and bones lying around. At one point I was threading the impossibly narrow and twisty sheep singletrack when I ran directly over a sheep skull. Jayme saw the spinal column whiplash and disconnect. Gnarly.

patagonia-mountain-biking-04.jpg

patagonia-mountain-biking-05.jpg

Our group stops to admire the view, and watch some grazing horses in the field. These horses are owned by the estancia, unlike the wild horses that we saw earlier in the day at Lago Toro. The wild horses bolted as soon as we were detected, but these horses allowed us to get within a hundred yards.

patagonia-mountain-biking-07.jpg

I knew that I wanted a shot of Jayme mountain biking with the horses in the background. As she rode towards the group they naturally galloped off. There was one horse that was isolated from the group, and he came flying by at the last minute, providing for a memorable image, to say the least.

patagonia-mountain-biking-10.jpg

Thanks for reading about our warmup Patagonian mountain bike adventure. Tune in tomorrow for incredible images of Andean Condors in flight.

patagonia-mountain-biking-12.jpg

Atachment
첨부파일 '7'

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5